Champia’s 18-Month Home Warranty
Purchasing a home or commercial property is a big investment. That’s why Champia believes in affordable, reliable and quality real estate inspections for all. In addition to our exceptional inspection services, Champia is proud to offer an 18-Month Home Warranty for your clients. When you choose Champia to inspect the property, we’ll add six FREE months to the warranty term. That means real estate professionals like you can offer your clients an 18-month warranty for the same cost as a 12-month term!
Benefits of the Champia 18-Month Home Warranty
Besides being a great value, Champia’s 18-Month Home Warranty provides the coverage your clients need for their new investment. Here are just a few of the reasons why our home warranty is a smart choice for your clients:
- Champia’s warranty is backed by Residential Warranty Services, a national home warranty provider.
- If Champia performs the inspection, “pre-existing conditions” won’t prevent a home from being covered. In other words, if a problem isn’t noted in the inspection report, you can expect it to be covered by the warranty.
- Denied coverage for a claim that’s eligible by another warranty contract? Don’t worry, Champia will provide a full refund or cover it for you.
- Your clients have the option to choose their own contractor to repair covered items.
- No more hidden charges! Champia’s 18-Month Home Warranty pricing is simple and is based on a square footage system.
- No extra charges for coverage on an unlimited number of water heaters, HVAC systems, garage door hardware, kitchen appliances, well, sewage and sump pumps.
- No extra charges for underground sewer and water line coverage, roof leak repair coverage, a termite protection plan, microwave and washer/dryer coverage, home security system coverage and much more that warranties typically charge extra for!
Ultimately, Champia’s warranty provides extensive, straight-forward coverage, so your clients know exactly what they’re getting. Plus, we offer free listing coverage for sellers (including HVAC), admin fees for agents and the option of premium upgrades that include mold growth and radon coverage. Champia has everything you need to provide peace of mind to your clients.
Champia 18-Month Home Warranty Pricing
|Square Footage||With $99 Service Call Fee||With $75 Service Call Fee|
|1,501 to 2,500||$475||$550|
|2,501 to 3,000||$515||$590|
|3,001 to 4,000||$560||$635|
|4,001 to 5,000||$655||$730|
|5,001 to 6,000||$865||$940|
|6,001 to 9,999||$0.16 per sq. ft.||$0.16 per sq. ft., plus $75|
|Over 10,000||$0.19 per sq. ft.||$0.19 per sq. ft., plus $75|
*Square footage must include basement areas, even if they’re unfinished. **Condos and townhomes have a reduced fee of $20 on all prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’ve ordered the 18-Month Home Warranty. What happens now?
You should receive a confirmation email with the invoice included within 48 hours. If Champia needs any additional information to process your order, we will contact you directly.
- Can the warranty be paid for at closing?
Yes, you can have your order confirmation and invoice sent to the closing attorney so the amount can be added to your closing documents.
- Can the warranty be paid for directly?
Yes, please note this request on your order and we’ll call you for payment.
- When does the 18-month warranty term begin?
Once the warranty has been paid for, the term will begin. This typically occurs at closing.
- If Champia didn’t do the home inspection, can I still buy the warranty?
Yes, but the term will be for 12 months. The additional 6 free months are only included when Champia completes the inspection, however, our 12-month warranty is the best available on the market today.
- Will I receive a hard copy of the warranty package?
Yes, we will mail the warranty package to the address of the covered property.
- How much is the service call fee?
You may choose either the $75 or $99 service call fee level.
- What’s included in the premium upgrade?
For only $200 more, coverage will be added for mold growth and high radon levels (given that a previous radon test was completed and was below 4.0 pCi/L). The amount of coverage for underground sewer and water lines will also increase.
- Can you explain the “pre-existing conditions” clause?
Unfortunately, many warranty companies will report that an appliance or component of the home has a pre-existing condition as an excuse to deny coverage. If Champia performs the inspection and deems an appliance or component functional, then we’ll determine it has no pre-existing condition and will cover it in our warranty.
- What company provides Champia’s home warranty?
Residential Warranty Services, a national home warranty company. Champia has an affiliation with Residential Warranty Services and works directly with their owner so we can provide the best service for our clients.
- Can I choose my own contractor for warranty claim repairs?
Yes, you may choose your own contractor or an “in network” contractor for claim repairs. We just ask that you please notify us of the claim and allow us to review the estimate prior to any work beginning.
- How do I get the listing coverage for sellers (including HVAC)?
If Champia completed the inspection, all you have to do is order the warranty and the seller will have listing coverage until closing. The warranty can be paid for at closing and the buyer’s 18-month term will begin.
- Does the Champia 18-Month Home Warranty include pool coverage?
Pool coverage may be added for $175.
- Does the warranty cover septic tank pumping?
Coverage for septic tank pumping may be added for $35.
- Does the warranty cover mold growth?
Mold growth coverage can be added for $85. This covers the remediation of new and visible mold growth.
- What does the warranty’s roof leak coverage include?
No matter the age of the roof, the warranty will cover any new roof leak.
- Does the warranty include coverage of old equipment?
Yes, if an inspection is performed by Champia and it’s determined that the equipment has no pre-existing conditions, it will be covered.
- My inspection report had a note to have the HVAC system serviced. Will it still be covered by Champia’s warranty?
If the system worked properly during the inspection, it will be covered in your warranty. However, if your HVAC system wasn’t working properly, simply hire a contractor to make repairs, hold on to the documentation and coverage will apply.