Our process is to conduct a thorough, complete review of the commercial building of interest. The inspection can include cost to cure and five year aging in accordance with the guidelines outlined by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM), or it can focus on the conditions outlined below:
- Site - In a walk-through of the site, we note the condition of drainage, retaining walls, exterior lighting, any signage, and parking lots; handicap parking is noted.
- Structure - We examine the foundation and any accessible areas below grade. In addition, framing and structural members are evaluated for any defects or deterioration.
- Exterior - The exterior is examined for any defects or deterioration. The condition of the cladding, bumpers, and any parts relating to loading docks is evaluated with notations on any limitations. Loading docks and exterior doors are operated and evaluated.
- Roof - Roof inspection includes noting whether the roof is flat or pitched and the condition and type of roofing materials (built-up, EPDM, bitumen, or other materials for flat roofs and metal, three tab, or other materials for pitched roofs). In addition ponding, repairs, deterioration, or other defects are noted. The roof inspection also includes a check of skylights and other roof penetrations.
- Plumbing - All supply and drainage piping is inspected, including water heaters. If the building has a kitchen, it will also be inspected.
- Electrical - The electrical system is inspected, from the transformer to throughout the rest of the building. It is noted if the power is single phase or triple phase. The condition of the exterior wiring is noted, and the condition and adequacy of the interior wiring is evaluated, including repairs and renovations.
- Heating/Air Conditioning – All equipment is operated, from small single units to multi-zone rooftop units. This includes any cooling towers, central heating plants, and forced air units in warehouse spaces.
- Interior - All interior spaces are walked, both heated and unheated. The condition of the floors, interior doors, and walls are inspected. If elevators are present they are also evaluated.
- Insulation & Ventilation – Wherever possible, the insulation and ventilation is inspected, and R factor and condition are noted. Ventilators are operated in all kitchens, and the condition of the roof over the ventilators is noted.
Take the Guided Tour
The best way to really know the property you’re considering is to be an active participant in the inspection process. We strongly encourage you to be present during the Champia inspection.
Schedule an inspection online or call (770) 953-0767.