The Home Inspection Process
Step by Step Home Inspection
Full-Service Defined Our Inspectors provide a complete review of the home or commercial building following the guidelines set by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Standards of Practice. These include:
- Structure—We examine the foundation, basement or crawlspace, attics and overall construction of the house. We focus on issues specific to the Atlanta area, such as water and moisture problems.
- Exterior—Inspection includes all exterior surfaces and attached features, such as decks and balconies. Whether it is brick, siding or stucco, we look for signs of damage and potential trouble spots.
- Roof—Whenever possible, we perform a physical inspection of the roofing structure, including skylights and chimneys.
- Plumbing—We inspect both supply and drainage systems, including the water heating system. We also locate all primary water shutoff valves.
- Electrical—We inspect the electrical panels, testing for safety hazards.
- Heating—We run and test the heating system, checking for gas leaks and carbon monoxide, where applicable.
- Air Conditioning—Weather permitting, we perform a test on the air conditioning system. We will check the system’s overall performance to determine if any potential problems might arise.
- Interior—We perform a complete visual and physical inspection of all accessible areas inside the house, including kitchen, major appliances and garage.
- Insulation and Ventilation—We inspect all visible insulation materials and ventilation systems.
- Fireplaces—All fireplaces are checked for potential hazards, including gas leaks.
Take the Guided Tour The best way to really know the property you’re considering is to be an active participant in the inspection process. We strongly encourage you to be present during the Champia inspection. Schedule an Inspection