Real Estate Agent Continuing Education Classes
Build Your Knowledge and Gain CE Credits
Champia Real Estate Inspections is an approved school through the Georgia Real Estate Commission that provides continuing education (CE) classes for real estate agents throughout the Atlanta area.
Continuing Education Credit Courses For Real Estate Agents
“Anatomy of a House” – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
A fast paced course ideal for new agents or those who need a quick refresher.
- Identifying the major parts and systems of a house
- Understanding how each part works
- Understanding how various parts are interrelated
- Identifying common problems and how they can be solved
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
In over 16 years, we’ve seen them all. This fun course focuses on the common problems and issues that occur in the Atlanta housing market.
- How to identify concerns when showing a house
- Be able to understand problems when presented
- Understanding what is significant and what can be easily remedied
- Survey and evaluation of repair and remediation options
- How to write an inspection addendum that will protect you and your client
“Deal Killers” – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
Factors such as mold, polybutylene, and LP siding can stop a deal cold, but are they really that bad? What options are available? Learn to separate the truths from the myths.
- How to identify common issues
- How to address your client’s concerns
- Understanding repair and remediation options and their costs
- Writing an inspection addendum that will protect you and your client
Synthetic Stucco (EIFS) and Hard Coat Stucco – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
They look the same and they are both great materials, but there have been significant problems.
- Simple tests to identify EIFS and stucco, including real samples for show and tell
- How to recognize potential problems and when to call for an expert
- Understand what is required for a stucco inspection—tools and techniques
- How to evaluate a stucco inspection. Was it done properly?
- Understanding repair options and potential costs
New Construction: What Should You Expect – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
A new house doesn’t necessarily mean a good house. Learn how to identify lemons before it’s too late.
- An overview of the home-building industry and practices in Atlanta
- What do cities and counties really enforce and what do they miss
- How to evaluate a new home under construction
- Best practices for protecting your client and yourself
Building Code for Agents – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
What building-code issues are commonly found during new construction inspections? Photos and drawings are used to explain building-code issues that are frequently observed during a new home inspection.
- Common building code defects
- Areas of most concern
- Repair options for building code defects
- Energy code defects in new construction
Townhouses, Condos, and Blueprints – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
Townhouses and condos have unique issues that need to be inspected differently than a single family home. Observe how a townhouse and condo is built through drawings and photos and understand the differences. The segment at the end will also teach the basics of blueprint reading.
- Differences between townhouses and condos
- How are the units fire-protected
- What noise protection devises are installed
- How to read blueprints
Commercial Building Construction – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
Introduction to types of commercial buildings and Environmental Site Assessment
- Identify defects and realize future costs
- Reasons for getting a Property Condition Assessment (PCA)
- Variations of buildings, constructions and other components
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment – Course qualification: 3 CE credits
Introduction to performing an Environmental Site Assessment. All areas are covered that are required to meet Federal guidelines including:
- Property assessment
- Analyzing adjacent properties
- Historic overview
- Report writing
Lunch and Learn Sessions
(non-credit, short seminars) Informal half-hour to hour presentations. Catch up with the latest and a great opportunity to “ask the expert”
Radon – Truth and Myth
You can’t see it, touch it, or smell it, but it’s everywhere in Atlanta. Clients are starting to talk about it. Get a head start on a potential issue:
- What is radon?
- What are its implications?
- Is it important?
- What to do to if your clients are concerned?
Synthetic Stucco (EIFS)
It’s actually a great material – with a bad reputation.
- Is it really EIFS? You’ll be an expert after a hands on demonstration.
- Look for the signs – Good and problematic installations.
- How to maintain EIFS and make it ready for sale if you are listing.
Home Inspection 101
Lean what a home inspection covers and how to deal with common issues.
- How to read inspection reports and put things in perspective
- What to look for in an inspector
New Home Construction and Building Codes
Keep up with the latest from the field. Get your questions answered.
- What are building codes and how are they enforced.
- How to work with builders during and after construction.
“Keeping it Cool” – the new Energy Code
Catch up with the latest changes in the energy code.
- How the energy code impacts new construction. What are the benefits?
- Making sure your builder is meeting the requirements
“The Real Killers” – Moisture and Insects
It’s not a question of if, it’s when.
- How do moisture and insects affect houses.
- Simple things to keep these threats under control.
Quickies. “All You Need to Know in 15 Minutes”
15 minute presentations designed for busy agents. Great for staff meetings. Keep your agents up-to-date
- This increasingly popular exterior finish may have problems if not properly installed.
- How to identify & what to watch out for.
Tankless Water Heaters
- “Hot” technology. What are the upsides and downsides?
- No hype. Be prepared to answer your client’s questions.
- It’s everywhere. It’s becoming a concern.
- How to deal with it.
- It affects every house. Quick tips for identifying damage and how to get it under control.
Synthetic Stucco (EIFS) and Stucco
- How to make a positive identification. Real samples make it easy.
- Learn how to spot a problem and how it can be solved.
“Things that Go Bump in the Night” – Rodents and Pests
- How to address concerns with those pesky creatures.
“Keeping it Cool” – Energy Code
- It’s the law, but it is not enforced.
- Learn what is required and protect your clients.
New Home Inspections
- It’s different for new home construction. Just the facts, ma’am.